Why become a member? ×

Studio Fun :)

GazWills

Hey folks

Sorry if I should have posted this in the 'Recordings' section, but wanted to share my excitement on some of the pedal combinations I've been using this week :)

I've been in the recording studio putting down the bass parts for 10 tracks on my new(er) bands first album. We won't be finished and mixed for another month or so, but while I remember what I used, I thought I'd list out some of the pedals and combinations. I've dialled in some (IMO) some pretty cool synth bass sounds this week

My favourite tone, and the 'biggest', is a blend of three separate recordings. The first is live bass through an MXR analog chorus, into a bassman 100 and a 4x12 bass cab. The DI was then re-amped twice, the first time through an old deluxe big muff, into an EHX guitar microsynth. The second into a pearl octaver, then through a custom, gated fuzz pedal. The blend of the three tones is massive Both these two DI recordings were pumped through a fender bass mate, I think, or a similar small valve combo.

I think in total I used the following on the recordings:

Boss OC-2
Pearl Octaver
Wren and Cuff Phat Phuk B
Xotic BB Preamp
Fulltone Bassdrive
Storm Distortion 10
Deluxe Big Muff
W&C Tall Font Russian
Blue Bottle custom fuzz
EHX guitar microsynth
Pearl Flanger
MXR analog chorus

Apart from that one track where we re-amped some DI bass, the other 9 were all single, live recordings, with different combinations of pedals... really excited to hear the end product, it's already sounding really big!