Why become a member? ×

Question about trading my Warwick from Sweden

DSBass

I have a newly aqquired Warwick Streamer LX4. German made from 1997. I really love the sound of the bass and it plays wonderfull. But since also getting an American Standard Jazz I realised I'm more of a Fender player. I am therefor in the market of trading my Warwick for a Fender Precision Bass.
The models I'm interested in is
Every American model. A Roadworn or the Nate Mendel Signature. I will only trade without paying or recieving any money in between.

The problem is that the swedish market is pretty small. Since hanging here a lot I came up with the idea if it is possible to trade with someone in UK.
So my question is. Have anyone here traded with someone in Sweden? Is it possible? How did you do it?

For the right bass I could possibly fly to London and meet up tondo the trade. I also have a friend living outside London whom travels a lot to Sweden so there's a possibility that she could do the trade for me.
What do you guys and girls think? Doable or not?

Sorry for my English and thanks for the help.

Best regards/ Daniel

theres a fair few folk on here from your side of the north sea. I would have thought that using a courier would be easier if you find the right folk. It may be easier to try and sell the warwick and buy a fender on here secondhand.
I have a warwick and I also have had many fender type basses- my advice would be that it's good to have both.

Hi Daniel,

If you offer it for sale or trade the chances are that anyone who contacts you knowing you are not in the UK will probably have shipped a bass before so hopefully can guide you through the process.

My first trade was with Steve (Bassman) from Greece, he helped and advised all the way through the process and although I was really worried about shipping such an expensive instrument overseas I would do it again.

Good luck if you decide to sell

Edited by Roger2611

I've used general parcel companies (e.g. ParcelMonkey) to ship within Europe a few times and had no issues. I send quite a bit of stuff to Germany and it's usually cheaper than shipping within the UK!! As long as you find a sensible shipping company it should be as easier as shipping within your own country.

However, as you say, it's always an excuse for a "road trip" :D

Edited by thepurpleblob