Why become a member? ×

Lakland 44 AJ, or 55 AJ opinions.?

bubinga5

what do you guys think about this instrument. does anyone own one.? what do you think of the Bart preamp, or the LH3.? im aware that these basses have 60's spacing, but does anyone know of any jazz basses that have 70's spacing around the £1000 ball park

Edited by bubinga5

Are you talking about the Skyline or the USA model? I think the USA model has an LH3 preamp , whereas the Skyline has a Bartolini -licensed design made in the Far East. They both have the same pickups and hardware, and are essentially built from the same combination of woods i.e American swamp ash and maple .

I haven't played one of these - I'm a bit tired of the whole active Jazz Bass thing myself ; it's been ubiquitous for way too long - but I expect they will be pretty good . I am a big fan of Lakland bases , and these will probably suit a lot of people who want that kind of a bass. I would venture that a Skyline AJ may well be a better buy all things considered than one of the current American Deluxe Fender Jazz Basses, which I have found to be rather dissappointing overall .