Why become a member? ×

New Cab Day!

fretmeister

I've had a quick go using the cab and a Genz Shuttle 9.2

Definitely different to the HD112. Tighter low end and slightly more mids. The HD112 goes a bit deeper to the point that I used to roll the lows off a bit.

The CN112 low end has more of a piano like tone than the HD112, and I do love a good piano tone!

I've not tried playing with EQ yet or with a different amp, but it's got a real depth of quality to the sound. And it's almost 20lb lighter than the HD.

I think I need another one.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got to try out the CN112 with my Streamliner 900.

Awesome. Extremely clear sound, can dial up plenty of bass or cut the mids to get a similar apparent bass boost. It sounds great. Apparently more bass is yet to come after it breaks in a bit more (according to Talkbass users).

I can see what JTUK is talking about when he says there's a kind of 'dryness' in the mids (?upper mids? - can't remember the thread but remember him saying it). Really noticed it with an ash/maple bass. Easy to EQ out if desired with the Streamliner.

Looks well made, super light. A definite standalone solution for small gigs and rehearsals.

I'm going to try hooking it up to the IP112ER tomorrow and see if I can knock down a wall!

Pete

[quote name='funkle' timestamp='1385832954' post='2292677']
Just got to try out the CN112 with my Streamliner 900.

Awesome. Extremely clear sound, can dial up plenty of bass or cut the mids to get a similar apparent bass boost. It sounds great. Apparently more bass is yet to come after it breaks in a bit more (according to Talkbass users).

I can see what JTUK is talking about when he says there's a kind of 'dryness' in the mids (?upper mids? - can't remember the thread but remember him saying it). Really noticed it with an ash/maple bass. Easy to EQ out if desired with the Streamliner.

Looks well made, super light. A definite standalone solution for small gigs and rehearsals.

I'm going to try hooking it up to the IP112ER tomorrow and see if I can knock down a wall!

Pete
[/quote] You are getting through new gear as quickly as me this month Funkle!

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1385833245' post='2292680']
You are getting through new gear as quickly as me this month Funkle!
[/quote]

True that...having a great month though!

I even managed to get some time with an AER Amp Three. Loud, nicely voiced, small and light. But not truly girthy down low (in the Acme sense), and no tweeter, so no sparkle up high. But it would work well for a lot of people - very punchy. Damn expensive.

The joys of mail order and distance selling regs...if it don't work for you, send it back.

There's no other good way to try out gear you can't get to that I can find!