Why become a member? ×

LS-2 (or alternative) blender question

GazWills

Hey folks

so I'm toying with adding an LS-2, or something similar, to my setup, and have a question...

Now, say for example my chain goes like this:

Bass - TU-2 - overdrive - LS-2 - Amp

And say I have the overdrive on at all times, and want to add a fuzz pedal into this setup.

I know I can put the fuzz pedal in the loop of the LS-2 and blend it in with my signal (so if the overdrive is always on, I'd have an overdriven tone blended with a 'fuzzed up overdrive' tone, as the signal going into the fuzz is the one that comes out of the overdrive and into the LS-2)

My question (long-winded!!) is this - if I split my signal at the TU-2, and one output goes through the overdrive, to the LS-2, then the amp, can I put the second signal that comes out of the TU-2 into the fuzz, then into the LS-2, so I am blending my main signal (overdrive) with the straight up fuzz, as opposed to blending the overdrive with the overdriven fuzz???

I have something more complex than this in mind, but wanted to phrase the question as simply as I could!!!

Hope that makes some sense?!?

cheers all
Gaz

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1383776029' post='2269109']
cool, cheers for confirming!

I'm borrowing one from a mate initially, not sure how killer my idea will sound yet :)
[/quote]
[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1383810195' post='2269279']
Like Ste says. Yes.

I would consider having the OD in one loop and the fuzz in the other though then you ca. Blend them together, or blend either with a clean signal by turning the other one off!
[/quote]

For what it's worth, I used a LS-2 for a similar idea. Two different levels of dirt in seperate loops but in the end opted for all the dirt in one and stack it when necerssary. So I have a fat clean sound all the time.

Once you get your hands on it just experiment with all the options you have with it. You may find youll like something you never thought of.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1383810195' post='2269279']
Like Ste says. Yes.

I would consider having the OD in one loop and the fuzz in the other though then you ca. Blend them together, or blend either with a clean signal by turning the other one off!
[/quote]

Cheers mate, though the actual setup involves 3 or 4 dirts, octave and a chorus, so the pedal example i gave was just to find out if the ls-2 did what i thought it could!

I want to blend a distorted clean signal to a signal path that contains several pedals already turned on.. Ls-2 sounds like it'll be perfect.

Gaz, i found this recently, and thought it may be of interest. probably backs up what we already know, but useful nonetheless.

[url="http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/tips-and-tricks/unlocking-the-secrets-of-bass-distortion/"]http://www.seymourdu...ass-distortion/[/url]

edit : i like that the link abbreviation is 'ass-distortion' !!! :lol:

Edited by phil.i.stein

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1383856107' post='2270137']
cheers for posting - though they lost me with "One easy way of getting some great bass distortion happening is to use plugins"

;)

have an LS-2 in my hands now though, so experimentation ahoy!
[/quote]

If you like what you are getting overall with the LS-2 then is see a move to a custom line selector. The one thing that bugs me on the LS-2 is you can't have either A or B on or off and both all at the tip of your toes.

I'd have a trifle through some of sheps content and his site, as his big board was a load of dirt and modulation in parallel to octave and chorus, using the LS-2 for a while then an [sfx] looper