Why become a member? ×

Needs more knobs

Clarky

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1384091446' post='2272604']
This was mine at one point, it's a nice bass despite all the knobs! He bought it off me for a bit less than that but it's still a fair price.
[/quote]
No offence meant Ash! Can't help think the luthier who modded what is a rather lovely black/maple fretless could have been more discreet/clever with the wiring and pots

TBH if it's going to be played with the pickup cover in place the extra controls are hardly going to get in the way. Also I would imagine that the conversion was done some time in the early 80s when the range and availability of components wasn't a fraction of what you can get now, so IMO not a bad looking modification compared with plenty of others I've seen - at least all the knobs appear to be evenly spaced.

None taken Clarky :) interestingly the neck heel had the signature of 'Rob Green' in marker pen written on it. The extra knobs didn't get in the way for me and gave a greater variety of tones than the usual vol/vol/tone. Incidentally the pickup cover is his mod.

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1384108322' post='2272846']
Also I guess people's idea of aesthetics do change over the decades

[attachment=148092:1970s-Bell-Bottom-Trends-for-Men.jpg]
[/quote]

I think that hair style might be back in fashion with the yoof fo today :D