Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Precision 1951 Reissue SOLD
£575

AndyBob09

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Beautiful sounding and playing bass.

This is an earlier 'Made In Japan' (as opposed to 'Crafted In Japan') model. The serial number dates it to 1994.

The bass features a blonde slab body, black single-ply pick guard and vintage reverse tuners.

There are some mods that have been done to this bass which sets it well above the original, in my opinion. These mods are:[list]
[*]Seymour Duncan SCPB-3 Quarter Pound 'Basslines' pickup.
[*]Fender deluxe 4 saddle bridge with threaded saddles which was a direct bolt in replacement. I think we all know the advantages of a 4 saddle bridge as opposed to the original 2 saddle bridge.
[/list]
I will, of course, include the original pickup and bridge in the sale.

It features some lovely pickup and bridge covers. I'm not overly sure that these are stock but hopefully someone can straighten this out? Anyway, the bass looks a lot lovelier with these on.

Sound wise, the upgraded pickup gives it a beautiful early P bass tone - Think 'Jamerson' tones.

The neck is a nice profile. My main gigging bass is my Stingray 5 and going between the two isn't a chore at all. I've included a pic to hopefully give some sort of indication of the neck profile.

This bass is a beautiful specimen and in great, great condition. If I didn't know it was made in 1994, I'd say it rolled out of the factory yesterday. It's got a beautiful round Precision tone and plays like butter.

I'll include a Fender gig bag with the sale.

More than willing to post. PM me.

Trades:

Stingray 5
Lakland 55-02
Sandberg

Things of this ilk. MUST have 5 strings. Willing to give or receive cash in trades.

And for the pics:

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=1][/size][/font][/color]

Thanks for looking!

Edited by AndyBob09