Why become a member? ×

Advice please - Large rehearsal studios - looking for Ampeg replacement combos

stringers

Hi, I hope this isn't another tiresome gearfest & I know it benefits us, however after having an ampeg endorsement for some years I've finally given up on them. We run a large rehearsal complex & have 50 bands a day come through our doors. We are looking to replace our ampeg BA115HP combos in the smaller rooms. I really want something that will inspire & motivate the young bass players & still satisfy the older bands. We have plenty of Markbass stuff, the larger rooms have vintage SVT, SVT4, Orange AD200 & SVT450H's all on ampeg 810's so the pros are pretty well serviced. It's the smaller rooms for the up & coming bands that I want to get right. What would be a superior replacement for Ampeg these days? Eden? Warwick? SWR? BTW this isn't a post sponsored by anyone else & is totally genuine. All opinions gratefully received, thanks for your time! p.s. cost isn't really the criteria, it's ampeg replacement - a modern equivalent that sound great & is versatile. (As ampeg seem to have lost it!). Thanks again.

Yep, the Genz Benz combos are currently going cheap, but that's because Fender have discontinued the brand so something to weigh up for the future. If I remember correctly Fender have said they'll continue support for at least two years.

Otherwise the TC Electronic BG250's are likely to have the effect you're looking for, and have the benefit of being much cheaper than the Ampegs. I'd look at the 210 just for the added volume.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the original BG250 are currently discounted as the Mk 2 (with controls for an extra toneprint) has just been released.

Edited by Musky