Why become a member? ×

As I have been known to spout electrical knowledge on here......

stingrayPete1977

I thought it might be worth showing you what I have built at work this week?
[IMG]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/stingraypete/FB_IMG_13843584477631549_zps149c19ab.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/stingraypete/20131113_141357_zps2ba84bd7.jpg[/IMG]
started with a blank box last thursday, all tested and being shipped to Thailand tomorrow.

All the parts got sent to me day by day or I would have laid the sockets out better and they were built in about half the time needed really.

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1384370009' post='2275865']
What is it ?
[/quote]
The company make commercial dishwashers, they are opening a small factory in thailand to build there smaller units to free up the guys here to build a new version just coming into full production designed for huge hotels and cruise ships etc. It will be mounted on the wall in the test bay to power newly built machines as they undergo the final test before shipping. It will trip out under all conditions if their is a fault and they can check the volts/amps as the machine goes through it cycle.
I'm wiring up some cow sheds next week then an mot centre the week after hopefully finishing a full house renovation before christmas so as much as I hate my job at least its varied!

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1384370523' post='2275876']
I'm wiring up some cow sheds next week
[/quote]

Thats cruel Pete.
I bet you will be busy wiring up Turkey sheds then. :D[size=4] [/size]

[size=4]On a serious note, thanks for the description, I was truly baffled.[/size]

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1384371118' post='2275896']
Interesting they get that built in the uk?
[/quote]
Thats business now I guess, there were no plans or anything but I copied a similar setup from the uk factory's test area. To complicate it more the guy opening this franchise is a german that was working in sweden but came here to learn how to build up the dishwashers and test them, he is going to show the new thai employees how to do it over there with parts shipped in from china! At least its not a doom and gloom story as they are going to be building these new machines instead.

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1384371040' post='2275893']

Thats cruel Pete.
I bet you will be busy wiring up Turkey sheds then. :D[size=4] [/size]

[size=4]On a serious note, thanks for the description, I was truly baffled.[/size]
[/quote]
The farmer showed me last time which cow he is having for xmas dinner!

On a serious note how baffled will the thai bloke be when he sees it, we havent labelled them as there was no point!

That's impressive work , Pete.

I know very little about how electricity works , and I can't understand why Mrs Dingus seems to spend so much money on batteries nowadays .

Dissapointing to know that your gizmo is going to Thailand to be used in a factory, though. It would have been nice if your handiwork was going to power some pumped-up fleshpot of a go go bar or simliar humanitariian project. Maybe next time.

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1384384228' post='2276176']
That's impressive work , Pete.

I know very little about how electricity works , and I can't understand why Mrs Dingus seems to spend so much money on batteries nowadays .

Dissapointing to know that your gizmo is going to Thailand to be used in a factory, though. It would have been nice if your handiwork was going to power some pumped-up fleshpot of a go go bar or simliar humanitariian project. Maybe next time.
[/quote]
Well I'd rather be on site in person for those jobs, sometimes you need a personal touch!