Why become a member? ×

Warwick Dolphin 5 string

sshorepunk

New thread for this once since I sold my Streamer

1999 Warwick Dolphin 5 string

The bass is in good condition, it has some very minor marks in the wood as would be expected from a bass that is 9 years old. There is no buckle rash on the rear or significant indentations in the wood, there is a slight ridge on the rear of the bass between the body and neck section that passes through the centre of the body

The hardware is brass with some very slight fading, but this is hardly noticeable, there is some slight wear on the pick up covers, the MEC logo has worn on the rear pick up

The electronics are MEC 2 band, with MEC gold, active p/ups

The bass comes in a mint Warwick square case, not the full flightcase, but a good solid case as can be seen in the pictures below

Here's what the warwick website says.........

[i]The Dolphin's innovative body design, based on a rhombus, is perfectly balanced and gives it the eccentric look to match the demands of eccentric players. An extremely hard Ovangkol wood body, contoured to fit the player, hides the Ovangkol neck-through design.

The tuners, the Just-a-nut, pickups, bridge and saddle, are all mounted to the same piece of wood producing limitless unrivaled tones. The vast tone flexibility, provided by the unique jazz/twin jazz pickups, opens up a new dimension - full and round across the entire sound spectrum.

For everything from percussive playing to fingerstyle, the Dolphin's sound still loses nothing in fullness and warmth.

Neck-through-design
Available as 4- or 5-string
Left-handed and fretless version available*
Ovangkol body
Ovangkol neck
Wenge fingerboard
Dolphin inlays
Scale length: 34" (long scale)
26 frets
Active MEC J/TJ pickups
MEC 2-way electronics
Natural Oil Finish
Warwick tuners
2-piece Warwick bridge
Warwick security locks
Gold hardware
Just-A-Nut III[/i]

I've tried to be as honest as possible with the description of the bass, but if you require any more info, please contact me

Not something you see offered for sale too often

£1050 ono

Would consider a trade on this, 4 string only with cash my way

Edited by sshorepunk

still love the look of that bass, cant beat a dark wood warwick like that, and the shape is just funky as, pity i have nowt to trade or a spare £1050 note hanging about...

good luck with it