Why become a member? ×

Happy un-NGD - Yamaha Image/MSG Deluxe

Kiwi

As mentioned in my status update - a cherry red Yamaha MSG, as played by Alan Murphy when he was with Level 42. and others. One of Yamaha's most coveted instruments and easily the equivalent of a PRS in terms of build quality. I think the MSG's 335 derived body shape is prettier and this one comes with Seymour Duncans as factory fitted.

This example isn't perfect, there's a tuner screw missing from the E string of the trem, two pickup screws missing from the bridge pickup and there's a cracked pickup surround. I've emailed Yamaha in Germany as they have a good reputation for response times and requested the parts. Normally, the asking price for these is between 700-1000 quid, I got mine for about half that mainly due to a 'rushed' listing. I'm inspecting and collecting on Sunday.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1385578704' post='2289932']
[i]Nice[/i]... :)

Is that a whammy up the back there? Is it the RM Pro that Yam used to fit?
[/quote]
Yes it is :) The trems seem to have a bit of respect on other forums.

So I went to collect it today and on inspection I walked away. The tremolo had graphtec saddles installed and the back had been routed for a Line6 variax circuit (not included). This wasn't a deal breaker. It was the crude corrugated blanking plate over where the hex socket would have been that hadn't been shown in the photos and the hacked out 5 position sliding switch. Bit of a shame really as the neck was sweet. Caveat emptor.