Why become a member? ×

Bass with erm... edge knobs?

KingBollock

Sometime in the 90s I saw a Bass that I liked the look of that had odd knobs. They were sort of sunken on the edge and were turned vertically instead of the usual horizontal, rolled rather than turned perhaps. Annoyingly, a few years ago, I saw someone reference the make of Bass as the make that had this particular knob configuration, they also referenced the knobs a certain way, too, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. For a while I thought it might be Samick, but I think the Samick might have been the make of the Bass in the shop that I actually tried that day.

I have tried every configuration of words to describe them, I can think of, in Google and come up with bugger all.

I'm sure someone here will know. Probably everyone bar me.

That's the one! Thank you!

I've been wondering for years and just had absolutely no luck searching, but I hate starting threads just to ask something I should be able to find on my own. But good old BassChat comes good again.

The Bass I had seen was the X-5, I believe. I didn't try it because I was looking for something that would go well with country music and moving away from metal. Still ended up with a BC Rich Warlock in the end.

I bet those recesses are a nightmare for accumulating dust, sweat and all sorts of gunk! One of those things that looks good but is probably a bit of a pain in use?

Does it have broomsticks as well? :D

Edited by Conan