Why become a member? ×

FS: Barefaced '69er brand new *SOLD PENDING*
£750

Beedster

Amazing cab at what it does, it just that what it does isn't really my thing. Whilst I'd love to keep it as an option, an impending move back to the south east means that I'm going to have to downsize substantially, so my 1x15 is staying and this isn't. The sound is classic, the weight not so, it is quite literally a one handed lift which is more than can be said for the 100w head I match it with.

It has had, literally, two hours play time. The wait list for these is about 3 months and the new price about £250 more than I'm asking. Link at [url="http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/69er.htm"]http://barefacedbass...-range/69er.htm[/url]

Chris

Edited by Beedster

Superb cab, and as far as I'm aware, the first ever to come up on the second hand market. Should shift very quickly.

Although it's designed to be paired with a valve amp (which it does superbly), I've also played digital and SS amps through it, and it still sounds great.

Edited by Roland Rock

Thanks guys, PM replied, and very happy to send this via courier. Don't get me wrong, as Roland and Billy have pointed out, this is a great cab and I'm still very tempted to keep it, even though it'll probably get two outings per year. However, we have a big very house here and we won't have quite that luxury when we move back south, so this is on the hit-list so to speak. I'm not going to lose any sleep if it doesn't sell though :)

Hiya Sean, good to hear from you, all's well mate, hope all's OK with you. I dropped my iPhone and smashed the screen today so pics will have to wait until tomorrow at the earliest. To my eye it's more Fender Bassman than Ampeg, to my ear pure Ampeg, just subtract 80% of the weight of either :)

EDIT: I'm not 100% sure I'd want to put a Bass 400+ on top of it though. It would sound awesome for sure, but in that case it would probably make the rig quite top heavy?

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1386455292' post='2300429']
Hiya Sean, good to hear from you, all's well mate, hope all's OK with you. I dropped my iPhone and smashed the screen today so pics will have to wait until tomorrow at the earliest. To my eye it's more Fender Bassman than Ampeg, to my ear pure Ampeg, just subtract 80% of the weight of either :)

EDIT: I'm not 100% sure I'd want to put a Bass 400+ on top of it though. It would sound awesome for sure, but in that case it would probably make the rig quite top heavy?
[/quote]

It won't topple over though.
I'd want to stay well clear though incase it changes the air pressure in my body and I burst.

Edited by Prime_BASS