Why become a member? ×

If you stand too close to your Amp

Jobiebass

Never had a problem before with standing close to the amp, but I have a bongo now and it goes mental if I go within 3-4 feet of it.

The wierd thing is, its fine if its just the bridge pickup, the second I blend the neck pup in, it starts buzzing and getting feedback. even the other side of my room, about 6 foot I guess, I can still hear the buzz.

I can only guess its because its a 18v bass, but why the neck pup makes it go mental is beyond me.

Its fine with my ray and olp double hum. Tried changing cables, stopped going thru my pedals, everything, nothing really changes the fact I get feedback with the neck pup on.

Edit: It doesnt buzz if I stand to the side of the cab

Edited by Jobiebass

It's probably because the neck pickup on your bongo is a single coil, not a humbucker. humbuckers were designed to 'buck' the single coil hum, if you see what i'm getting at. Combined with the 18V preamp, that could be your problem, though i hear the single coil on EBMM basses doesn't sound that hot anyway, but that's subective.