Why become a member? ×

Westone Thunder 1A - MkIII
£195

davehux

Another of my 'buy em, try em, sell em' basses

[color=#333333]1986 Westone Thunder 1A Active Bass. Made in the famous Matsumoku factory in Japan that also produced Aria's and other 'name' basses in the 1980's. This is the final version of the Thunder 1 - the Mk III - with a single Magnabass humbucker pickup and high mass bridge. 18V active circuitry with bass/treble controls plus series/parallel switching of the 2 coils of the pickup. The volume control is also an active/passive pull switch - handy for when the batteries go mid-gig.[/color]

[color=#333333]Well gigged condition, but certainly not battered. Assorted scratches, bumps and scuffs that we like to call mojo when selling [/color]

[color=#333333]Full working order and just restrung with a brand new set of Rotosound RS66LD Swing Bass strings (my favourites) [/color]

[size=4][font=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][color=#333333]Delivered to a UK address for £175 [/color][/font][/size]

[color=#333333]More pics here [/color][url="http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/Dave_Huxley/slideshow/Westone%20Thunder%201A?sort=2"]http://s1304.photobu...der%201A?sort=2[/url]

Edited by davehux

These are wonderful basses. It's a "P-type" pickup but just over an inch nearer the bridge than a Fender P (or indeed the Thunder 1A, versions I and II). You also get extra frets and better high fret access with these than the version I's and II's.

I hope you don't mind me adding info Dave but Just for info, an EMG 40 sized pickup will also fit in that cavity, with a reasonable amount of space around it, if anyone fancied tinkering with it.

I also have a great Stingray Style Union Jack pickguard for one of these exact basses, which Bassdoc made up for me. It would look stunning on this black bass. I've now converted my bass to a PJ, so am not actually using the pickguard, and it could be available if anyone was interested. Dave, please let me know if you think I am butting in on your sales thread inappropriately, and I will remove this.

• 2 weeks later...