Why become a member? ×

ME50B question

OldGit

On a ME50B can you preselect the patch you want to go to next? Then switch to it when needed?
Say changing from A5 to A9 without having to audibly clunk through A5 > A6 > A7 >A8 >A9
I'm a bit dischuffed with this aspect of the Zoom B2.1u

then move the patches closer together?? i dont think theres many multi effects units out there can do what i think your askin, if you want to seamlessly switch between two patches, i can only think you can do it by having them next to each other, that goes for every multi effect iv tried too, unless of course you find a way with the B2 to step on the +button which will switch to the next bank eg from A1 to B1

[quote name='BassManKev' post='228395' date='Jun 28 2008, 01:06 AM']buy a single loop pedal for the zoom, that way you can bypass the zoom using the loop switch, change to preset you want, and then hit the loop switch again and voila[/quote]

Ta Kev

I read that bit of the manual and I don't think that will leave the current effect running will it? It will just cuts the Zoom out of the signal chain ..
That's half way there :)

[quote name='BassManKev' post='228397' date='Jun 28 2008, 01:17 AM']then move the patches closer together?? i dont think theres many multi effects units out there can do what i think your askin, if you want to seamlessly switch between two patches, i can only think you can do it by having them next to each other, that goes for every multi effect iv tried too, unless of course you find a way with the B2 to step on the +button which will switch to the next bank eg from A1 to B1[/quote]

My requirements are rather unusual as we play without pre-planned arrangements or set list and so I can't do that logical progression through patches that you can if you know where things are going before you play :)
We have lots of impromptu and spontaneous stuff.

I used to be able to do this with the Peavey BAM combo's clever computer.. so it's a bit of a limitation.
Currently addressing it with rtoo many stomp boxes, as well as the Zoom ...

I said in PM to OG but thought it would be helpful here:

You can switch up by 10 patches with the B2.1U if you have an external footswitch. If you set A2 and B2 and C2 all the same, you can seamlessley switch between banks of 3 effects - i.e. you want to move from A2 to B1 seamlessley? Change to B2 first, and then down one.

If you want to be able to switch up AND down with the B2.1U you have to mod it. The mod is easy - basically attach a couple of momentary footswitches to the "finger buttons" that go up and down 10.

Edited by cheddatom