Why become a member? ×

Snow Machines .. any advice?

Count Bassy

I'm looking for a snow machine for will probably be a one off use at a gig between Christmas and New Year (as possibly once a year thereafter). It will be used in a smallish covered outside area, total audience capacity probably around 60. I'm really only looking to squirt some snow over the band (area of around 5 x 2.5 metres), not over the whole audience. It wouldn't have to be a blizzard, just enough to be seen and raise a smile.

However I know absolutely nothing about them!. [size=4]Looking on E-bay they seem to start at around £50 (new), but is something around this price going to worth having at all? What wattage should I be looking for etc?[/size]

[size=4]It is going to be a bit off a one off "gimmick" for a laugh, so I wouldn't want to spend too much. £40 would be OK, £70 possible, - beyond that gets hard to justify.[/size]

[size=4](If I make the "investment" it will probably snow for real!)[/size]

[size=4](I've just seen that, even in a cheap machine, 1 Litre of "snow fluid" only gives about 7 minutes of snow)[/size]

[size=4]Thanks in advance.[/size]

Edited by Count Bassy