Why become a member? ×

Traded
£400

Raslee

I think this is a mid 90's bass and they changed the just a nut to the number 2 model - I sure some Warwick type person could back me up here.

Origins wise,

I know I'm the second owner, had it for about 18 months now i think. The previous owner had bought it new from the bass center in the 90's in the midlands. I wasn't too keen on the original green colour so i hand sanded it to natural then a friend stained it with some Walnut stain that he had spare, not the best of finishes but as i say not bad either...it looks period and is in very fitting with the bass age. Plays great.

Warwick can always be question marks sometimes, but I did think all stock Fortress basses had the brass nut, what year is it? If it is mid nineties it will certainly not be original, as the tedur nut didn't exist then :) having said that, I cannot think why you would change to that nut, unless it was during the refinish?

Edited by Kev

Serial is C-046359-98 ...could this mean its a 98 after all ?

Stick yours up Bagsie, i'm in no rush to part with this :)

I'm no expert but perhaps the nut has been replaced at some point? Not sure why that could happen though as a brass, i guess, would be indestructible? :)

Edited by Rasta

[quote name='Rasta' timestamp='1386884203' post='2306085']
Serial is C-046359-98 ...could this mean its a 98 after all ?

Stick yours up Bagsie, i'm in no rush to part with this :)
[/quote]

Yep
C = March xxxxxxxx 98 = 1998.

No point us competing against each other mate. I'm happy to let you have a run at it.
I'm under pressure from my gaffer (Mrs Bagsieblue) to sell a bass.....so while [b][i]I'm[/i][/b] in no great rush, Mrs Bagsieblue is....

A 98 is quite late, so it could be original. The Fortress was a more budget model after all, so they may well have trailed them on these later fortress basses before bringing them in a across the range.

Edited by Kev

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1386886288' post='2306136']
Long shot but you don't fancy a trade for my Farida do you?

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/222095-now-l350-fs-ft-farida-hb20-hypersonic-series-set-neck-pj-lightweight-cw-farida-hard-case/
[/quote] I quite like the look of that so yeah very tempted (even though I was mainly after a five haha :D ) .