Why become a member? ×

Riverhead Phantom Bass RPB-1000

Paul S

Just re-listed on eBay after a 24hr listing failed to net a buyer. Looks interesting - anyone know anything about these? [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321274278995?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321274278995?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649[/url]

Don't know anything about these specifically but Riverheads were quite desirable back in the day - I had (and still have) significant GAS for the Riverhead Unicorn headless - like a Steinberger shape with a contoured body styled after the Burns Flyte.

This one's very uncommon (seen pics on vintage guitar forums but never seen a real one) and it's probably worth £475 to a wealthier JapCrap collector than me. I would expect it to be a very decent instrument.

Jon.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1386951393' post='2306762']
Thanks for that Jon. I like its looks immensely, like the idea of it - a top end 80s MIJ bass is always going to be good! But, as you say, too rich for my wallet. £200 less and I guess I'd be bidding against you!
[/quote]Quite possibly - but my ballpark's probably closer to £400 less! [/gyppo] :D

J.

That's twice what I'd be happy paying. Looks cosmetically tidy apart from a nasty knock on the end, so I wonder why they're trying to flog it as needing restoration? I presume the electronics might be a bit fried.

Shame, it's a lovely looking thing. And it's pink! :D

J.