Why become a member? ×

Ebay links

StuartP

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1386956515' post='2306861']
It's not allowed.

It's covered in Marketplace rules:

6. Posting links to your own eBay auction is not allowed.

Full rules are available from the links at the bottom of my signature below.
[/quote]

Has this changed recently?

Last time I sold something on here, pre-fees (not that I object to the fees, just that I've had nothing to sell), you could link to your eBay auction if your item had been for sale for a "reasonable" amount of time.

Edited for typos!

Edited by Dave_the_bass

I was also under the impression that if your item is presently for sale on here (so you'd have paid fees) then you could include a link BUT you couldn't simply post a link to an ebay sale of your item... is that not the case?

It doesn't matter a jot to me as I'm not listing on ebay but clarification would be good.

[quote name='Dave_the_bass' timestamp='1386962008' post='2306976']
Has this changed recently?

Last time I sold something on here, pre-fees (not that I object to the fees, just that I've had nothing to sell), you could link to your eBay auction if your item had been for sale for a "reasonable" amount of time.

Edited for typos!
[/quote]

Like Warwickhunt, that's what I thought as well. There have been plenty of for sale items that have later included a link when they've failed to shift on on here, and a quick search reveals a post by Kiwi where he thought that the 'for sale' section was the best place for links to your own auction (though that was pre the fees).