Why become a member? ×

FENDER P-BASS ???????????

dabba

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]Hi All,[/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]Anyone help IDing this?[/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]It has an 'X' in red, and PB-62-EX in black stamped on the body recess and on the neck at the base inside the joint. No 'F' logo apart from the headstock, or no CIJ, MIJ anywhere. It was sold to me as a MIJ 70's re-issue about 8 years ago, I have my doubts![/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]Don't think its a real Fender but any ID would be appreciated. Just for info, Im always getting compliments on how great it sounds copmared to my F.J.B.S and Fender Aerodyne Basses.[/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]Thanks in advance[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]Dave[/size][/font]

[quote name='dabba' timestamp='1387130678' post='2308496']
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]Hi All,[/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]Anyone help IDing this?[/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]It has an 'X' in red, and PB-62-EX in black stamped on the body recess and on the neck at the base inside the joint. No 'F' logo apart from the headstock, or no CIJ, MIJ anywhere. It was sold to me as a MIJ 70's re-issue about 8 years ago, I have my doubts![/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]Don't think its a real Fender but any ID would be appreciated. Just for info, Im always getting compliments on how great it sounds copmared to my F.J.B.S and Fender Aerodyne Basses.[/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]Thanks in advance[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]Dave[/size][/font]
[/quote]i'm no expert but it defo looks like a jap neck to me

It looks more like a 62RI bass rather than a 70s reissue and PB62 would mean 1962 Precision Bass. The Ex means export and not all Japanese Fender basses have the serial number on the neck heel. I think it is genuine but someone with a closer eye for detail please feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

PB-62-EX
means precision bass, 1962 reissue and export.
No idea of date my guess from the 90's.
No idea where the serial and MIJ or CIJ has gone - it would be a pain to try prove what it is if you ever come to sell it. The good news is that japanese fender are awesome so you'll never need too.