Why become a member? ×

Do you know someone who could build me a bass bridge from scratch?

Grand Wazoo

If you can sort out an engineering drawing, Picross Precision in Eastbourne will machine it for you.

They're not the cheapest (and that's without the economy of scale you get from volume ordering) but they will do short runs and their quality is very good.

Thanks everyone that gave their reply, I will contact these companies and see if they can help.

Nigel the problem is not the spacing but the foot pring of the bridge is not standard size I have a few aftermarket (Fender replacement ones) and none fit without me having to tap the screw holes and redrill new ones which I don't wish to do because I intend to keep everything else as original and reversable to standard status. Thanks

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1387229993' post='2309734']
Nigel the problem is not the spacing but the foot pring of the bridge is not standard size I have a few aftermarket (Fender replacement ones) and none fit without me having to tap the screw holes and redrill new ones which I don't wish to do because I intend to keep everything else as original and reversable to standard status. Thanks
[/quote]

In that case could you take a new "Off the Shelf" bridge and drill additional holes it it to match the existing screw holes in the bass?

A custom made one will be very expensive compared to off the shelf.

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1387446195' post='2311944']
In that case could you take a new "Off the Shelf" bridge and drill additional holes it it to match the existing screw holes in the bass?

A custom made one will be very expensive compared to off the shelf.
[/quote]

Yes and thank you for the suggestion, I know that would be an option but not one I want to do, because my idea is to keep upgrade reversable in case I sell the bass and the buyer prefers to have all orginal parts.

Cheers

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1387447195' post='2311955']
Yes and thank you for the suggestion, I know that would be an option but not one I want to do, because my idea is to keep upgrade reversable in case I sell the bass and the buyer prefers to have all orginal parts.

Cheers
[/quote]

Yes, but if you modified the new bridge rather than the original bass, then it would be reversible by simply refiting the old bridge. The holes in the bass would not be affected.

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1387471887' post='2312412']
Yes, but if you modified the new bridge rather than the original bass, then it would be reversible by simply refiting the old bridge. The holes in the bass would not be affected.
[/quote]

The holes in the existing bridge are narrower than a standard Fender, Gotoh, or other brands off the shelf replacement, meaning that if I was to modify a new bridge the new holes would be too close to the other and end up in a mess.