Why become a member? ×

Harrison Lab FMOD 50Hz Hi Pass Subsonic Filter Electronic Crossover

police squad

So,
anyone know anything about these.
I have just bought a MarkBass cab on ebay and have been chatting with the seller.
He says, if you put one in the FX loop it takes away all the sub 50Hz signal (Ok with a 4 string) and so cleans up your sound and makes the cab tighter. The speaker will do less work because all the sub 50Hz noises won't come through
It sounds like a good idea.

Has anyone any experience?

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1387211210' post='2309423']
sounds like something from Dr Who meats Ken Dodd.

It's not something I've ever thought about. I'm not that anal with my sound, I know what I like and it's quite easily achieved but I like the idea of the cab being a little better protected, especially when I'm running the amp hard.
[/quote]

A top reason to use one is so your bandwidth is not eaten up with useless frequencies. The FoH should like you for that, and you should get a better tone through the PA.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1387211105' post='2309419']
Same concept as the sfx Thumpinator. Some amps already have this in their preamp sections. I believe the East preamps have such a HP filter also.
[/quote]
I understand the Genz Streamliner has sething similar in it

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1387232863' post='2309784']

I understand the Genz Streamliner has sething similar in it
[/quote]

I think it's only the shuttle 3 and 6 that has the filter, to help not ruin their 'combo' varient's speakers. But it works with all cabs and PAs I've plugged my 6 into.

Helps get more power(thus volume I guess) out of the amp.

I think the sfx thumpinator is set at around 30hz and the shuttles the same IIRC at least.
I had the thumpinator a while back when I was using marinade stuff and it worked a treat. Couldn't tell it was on till I took it out of the chain, but sold it once I got the shuttle head.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1387290072' post='2310284']

I think it's only the shuttle 3 and 6 that has the filter, to help not ruin their 'combo' varient's speakers. But it works with all cabs and PAs I've plugged my 6 into.
[/quote]

All of the Genz class D heads have the high pass filter built in, the cutoff point 30hz. I also learned from BC that engaging the bass preset on the Shuttle bypasses the HPF.

On the Shuttle 6, the cutoff point was set higher than 30Hz, but then lowered to 30Hz for the 6.2