Why become a member? ×

Major cull in New Year

Telebass

I've found, since I rebuilt all the FrankenFenders the last time, that I play just the two. Even the super-slim American Special Jazz tempts me not a bit. And I've found I've had many opportunities to go to Mansons and browse...and couldn't be bothered. What would I look at? I'd rather have more space than unused basses! Sure, there's a little bit of me that wants to keep them all, but they just get in the way, frankly.
If I'm honest, being GAS-free in this way is a bit disappointing, but also strangely liberating!
:)

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1387556816' post='2313359']
I've found, since I rebuilt all the FrankenFenders the last time, that I play just the two. Even the super-slim American Special Jazz tempts me not a bit. And I've found I've had many opportunities to go to Mansons and browse...and couldn't be bothered. What would I look at? I'd rather have more space than unused basses! Sure, there's a little bit of me that wants to keep them all, but they just get in the way, frankly.
If I'm honest, being GAS-free in this way is a bit disappointing, but also strangely liberating!
:)
[/quote] Must admit I feel a bit the same I have been through so many basses recently and not because of GAS but I needed to find something that "worked" for me so now I have found what I want I am just keeping 2 P basses and my Thunderbird and I really need the room my house is way to small lol so in the new year I will be getting rid of all the excess gear so will have 3 basses and 1 amp and a few effects :)

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1387621448' post='2313832']
You won't be needing all those amps and combos then ...

:ph34r:
[/quote]
That WAS part of the plan also...then new projects came along! The Big Rig is really too large for some of them, so the combos will stay for the moment, at least.