Why become a member? ×

Help!!

Razor

Happy Friday everyone.. Need advice, just bought myself a very lovely 1981 factory fretless ibanez blazer, which I am right chuffed with.. Except.. Last bass I had was a jazz bass clone , and that was comfortable, but the neck on this feels wider and deeper( more like a p bass) and I'm struggling. Are these necks that much chunkier? Or am I just being lazy and soft? Could do with some advice before I sell it and buy another jazz type, cos u really like it.. Cheers, razor.

Welcome to Basschat.

Sorry to say this as I know you're new here, but in the "introductions" we normally just say "Hi" here.

If you want help, why not post your question in the "Bass Guitars" section?

Also, if everyone who wanted some advice posted a thread entitled "Help!!", or something like that, how the hell could we tell one thread from another?

Good to have you around btw. I'm sure someone will be along who can help you.

Cheers

Welcome, Grangur has a point there, but to spread the BC community vibe.......the Blazer was a P bass clone if IIRC so you'll probably find that the neck is more chunky in a P bass style. If you like the dimensions of a J bass more then you need to get something with that vibe. There is no laziness about it, a bass feels comfortable to you or it doesn't, you're the one who has to play it after all. This variance in neck widths, and preferences one way of the other, has led to Fender (and others) making many 'mix 'n match' instruments to cover most preferences. Good luck in your hunt for the perfect bass for you.

[size=4]If you like the Blazer you might look into the idea of replacing the neck with a Jazz-type... just a thought. A lot of people prefer a P bass with a J neck, so it's not totally beyond the bounds of possibility.[/size]

[size=4]And w[/size][size=4]elcome to the forum... it usually is quite friendly here, honest... :rolleyes:[/size]

• 3 weeks later...