Why become a member? ×

fender rumble 350 head or stick with yamaha bbt500h

jonnybreakell

When I was doing my performing arts A level, my school had a Rumble 100 Fender amp, which I used all the time. It had a single 15" driver, and I believe a tweeter too. It was fine, for what we needed it for, but in my opinion, it didn't have a sound that would stand out in your head when you think about amps and stuff. I suppose if you like the amp, then you should go for it! Never worry about whether it's better or worse, get the one that you like the most. I've never used a Yamaha amp, so couldn't comment.

The Yammy is a fantastic little head and very versatile too plus it'll do 500 watts into 2ohms I've had mine for about 4 years and still gig it from time to time.
You'd be doing well to get much over £100 for the Yam if you sold it so If it were me I'd stick and save up for the Fender. That way you have a small, lightweight amp for back up. Mine goes to every gig with me whether I plan to use it or not.
It's a very underestimated little amp, a true sleeper if ever there was one.
B)