Why become a member? ×

Small pedal board order

Guest gazzatriumph

Guest gazzatriumph

Hi all, first, happy new year to everyone, Im not in to effects too much but have a MXR M87 compressor, An Ashdown Chorus and a Korg tuner, could you please advise which order on a pedal board they should be placed, im not looking to add any others, cheers.

It depends what you think sounds better. Vague answer I know, but my idea of a given order may not sound best to you.
You might prefer the sound of the chorus before or after the compressor, so those are the two you'll mess with most. The tuner is usually first or last depending on whether you want to mute your bass into the pedals, or your pedals into your amp, the latter is best for noisy pedal boards.

Si

As above, personal preference is king!

I used to put the tuner first so it gets the cleanest signal for better tracking... But I now have a Zoom B3 at the end of my chain, after 4 drive pedals and it still tracks beautifully! So it's probably best to have the tuner last, so any noisy pedals are silenced. So nowadays I think I'd go comp > chorus > tuner.

Guest gazzatriumph

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1388347239' post='2321096']
Tuner first, then compressor, don't use the chorus. :)
[/quote] I only use the chorus on one track at the start, but get what you mean :-) Thanks for the reply's will have a mess around, cheers

Edited by gazzatriumph