Why become a member? ×

Cash Mart, Basildon Town Square - Aria Pro II LEB Classic

Paul S

Whenever I go to Basildon I always pop into the Cash Mart there - the one opposite M&S. Today they had an Aria Pro II Classic Laser in translucent burgundy, not bad nick for an 85/6, for £120. Had I not just bought almost exactly the same bass a couple of days ago (mine is black) I would have got this as I think it is a bit of a bargain. I didn't try it, I hasten to add.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1388501081' post='2322726']
Whenever I go to Basildon I always pop into the Cash Mart there - the one opposite M&S. Today they had an Aria Pro II Classic Laser in translucent burgundy, not bad nick for an 85/6, for £120. Had I not just bought almost exactly the same bass a couple of days ago (mine is black) I would have got this as I think it is a bit of a bargain. I didn't try it, I hasten to add.
[/quote]

Eek! Bargainarama! Great bass for very little money!

I don't know if this is still there or not but mine arrived yesterday and, after a clean, set up and new flats, I am having trouble putting it down. Build quality is decent, neck is very nice. Weighs around 8.5lbs. Very comfortable and playable. Great quality high mass bridge that sits in a routed out compartment. Simple pre-amp controls are the same as the active Westone Thunders that does a treble boost/bass cut or bass boost/treble cut when moved either side from the centre indent position. For me, rolled back to boost the bass a little finds a marvelous woody sweet spot. Great tone. For £120 this would knock spots of any modern Squiers and possibly some of the older ones, too.