Why become a member? ×

Need advice here.

geoffbyrne

I ordered a Squier Bass VI by trading my Burns Double VI, so I've a receipt and am committed to a trade.

I wanted the bass VI for my Blues band as I did a lot of riffage in conjunction with the guitar & I thought that'd be great. Due to terribly bad luck & health of the drummer, plus lack of bookings, this band has folded leaving me bandless.

So, do I need this Bass VI or should I go for a SUB V (by Sterling) in the same shop for only a few quid more?

I have to go through with a trade of some sort to get my value, so the SUB looks good to me, or should I wait for the VI.

Which would be the better resale value should I decide to sell?

Damn Fender/Squier for getting this all wrong! I'm not sure what to do for the best.

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne

I can't offer any opinion on resale value (and maybe nobody else can either if the Squier VI is a new model to the range) so I'd ask these questions; which feels nicer to play; which sounds better; which suits your current and future musical ideas best?

@0175westwood29 - I think you were probably right not to order, as you'd struggle with string gauge for your tuning.

@HowieBass - My particular reason for ordering is gone. I suspect there are a lot of people awaiting Bass VIs coming through and there may well be a glut offered s/h after a few weeks, devaluing the resale price.

Hence, I think, I'm going to have the SUB V. Pup & pre-amp replacement - a couple of easy mods - give the full MM sound. Can't really go wrong.

Thanks for the discussion points. Just needed some opinions to focus my thoughts.

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne