Why become a member? ×

NBD!! 5 string in the house!

0175westwood29

bought from a fellow basschatter, for tbh a measly amount of money as something to support and use as a backup to my modulus.

well got it today and the thing for one is immaculate! looks new! played it as i do always when i try basses unplugged first, it a weird thing ive picked up like to hear how it sounds on its own as if it sounds gd there will sound gd plugged in.

well it sounds amazing plugged in and as i tune A-D-G-C-F it sounds like thors hammers smashing into some nails! gnarly as f*&k! and after playing with setting and pickup blends it can get near to a b3k darkglass kinda sound using my current distortion setup.

also why we on setting, i must admit the pickups are crazy! duncan designed but the output is not so dif from my mody which is an 18v pre amp and a sd basslines pickup in it.

this bass is going to get a bit of a facelift by fitting all black hardware (already have a replacement control panel on its way) hoping i can find a like for like replacement for the bridge however may have to find a badass V. also toying with the idea of getting a detuner for some stupid fun!

but all in all awesome bass! and for a mighty lot less than a fender version!
[attachment=151841:image.jpeg]
andy

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1389395874' post='2333934']
Ugh! I have just read about yours and spent some time reading a 14 page thread on the VM P5 on TB. I am struggling to think of a reason not to buy one and get it re-finished in Nitro black and relic it.
[/quote]

honestly for the same look fender you are talking 1300 notes! snagged this for under 200! cant speak highly enough of it! and i couldnt care less what people think about the name on the headstock.

if you can get to try one honestly the you'll be mighty impressed, im not sure what pu's the p has but i def think the duncan designed pickups are part of what makes this bass so worth the money.

andy

thought i should post up a few pics of it as ive started to change a few bits and that was a old pic from the previous owner
[attachment=152125:photo 1 (1).JPG]
[attachment=152126:photo 2 (1).JPG]
had to do a bit of soldering to earth out the jack and pots as the original silver plate was earthing everything.

next up save up from a black bridge and some tuners

andy

[quote name='bobbytodd' timestamp='1389530181' post='2335087']
what tuners are you thinking of using?im thinking about a black gotoh bridge and hipshot b7 tuners
[/quote]

will probs be hipshot tuners as im gonna grab a detuner aswell, not sure on the bridge tbh the one it has is cool if i can get a like for like id be happy

andy