Why become a member? ×

Bass Collection SB320 on Gumtree

TheGreek

I'd have liked to have paid £130 for mine....you get a lot of bass for your money

[url="http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/bass-collection-bass-guitar-beautiful-honeyburst/1043408379"]http://www.gumtree.c...urst/1043408379[/url]

There's an even cheaper one (£90) but it doesn't look as nice

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/bass-collection-4-string-bass-in-blue/1043123969

Edited by TheGreek

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1389480746' post='2334736']
If that Honeyburst one was fretless I'd put up with the two hour round trip bus ride to nab it.

Is the blue one MIJ, or MIK?
[/quote]
The guff in the ad for the blue one says it's an SX one so could even be China. Certainly not a Jap one.

Thanks. Still, £90 is not an exceptionally large amount of money. Just out of vague curiosity, would it be worth that?

The HoneyBurst one isn't where I thought it was. For some reason I read it as being in Markfield. Where it actually is would be quite some journey for me to pick up.

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1389528341' post='2335047']
Thanks. Still, £90 is not an exceptionally large amount of money. Just out of vague curiosity, would it be worth that?

The HoneyBurst one isn't where I thought it was. For some reason I read it as being in Markfield. Where it actually is would be quite some journey for me to pick up.
[/quote]
Ive got an 88 MIJ 5 String and have just picked up a 2000 5String that didn't get a bid on eBay when listed at £160. It was listed 3 times and as it was near me I got it for £130 in a private sale and he included a brand new gig bag, (just sold for £10), stand, strap and Dunlop Straplocks. I reckon the bass owes me about £100 and it's a stunner. It's an SGC rather than SX one and probably built in Korea during the transition period to SX ownership. It is every bit as good as my MIJ one and appears to use Gotoh hardware, (but not branded), as did the original ones.
For £90 it is well worth a punt IMHO. The problem with Bass Collections is that are really underappreciated and as such have little re-sale value. If you fancy one, (and it's an awful lot of bass for the money), give it a whirl.

Edited by BassBunny