Why become a member? ×

How much do warwicks make now? SS1 in Yorkshire

LukeFRC

How much do warwick's make at the moment? This came up on my normal ebay browsing

Odd one this... one photo, local pickup only, pretty crappy advert really - might be a good deal there for someone, my wife would kill me if I accidentally won another auction for local pickup! :D
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/warwick-streamer-stage-1-neck-thru-bass-/261376101418?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3cdb3acc2a

Depends on what it is really.

Unfortunately, that image gives very few clues! All maple construction.....that's about it! Think you can just about see it doesn't have a brass nut so its probably a 00's bass, possibly recessed straplocks so would say 2000-2002.

On that basis, I would say anywhere between £1k and £1.2k depending on it's condition, which does look good.

Worth watching if you are local!

(how are you getting on with your thumb?? ;))

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1389897655' post='2339335']
Depends on what it is really.

Unfortunately, that image gives very few clues! All maple construction.....that's about it! Think you can just about see it doesn't have a brass nut so its probably a 00's bass, possibly recessed straplocks so would say 2000-2002.

On that basis, I would say anywhere between £1k and £1.2k depending on it's condition, which does look good.

Worth watching if you are local!

[/quote]

the price of them seems to yo yo about all over the place! I thought it was about that much now. I'm not going for it- honestly the wife would kill me!

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1389910185' post='2339560']
That's a good price. Its probably swamp ash. To my knowledge Warwick don't use maple.
[/quote] err the Streamer stage one has been pretty much all maple since about 1989
before then it was maple with wenge neck, and before that wenge neck and cherry wings.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1389910565' post='2339570']
The one in my avatar is a 2005 SS1. According to Warwick it's swamp ash.
[/quote] it's maple, it's a nice bit of flamed maple, warwick told you wrong. If you don't believe me google what they both look like (corvette $$ tend to be swamp ash)

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1389907518' post='2339515']
used it the first time on monday practice... honestly it's the bass sound I hear in my head, flipping amazing!
[/quote]

Awesome stuff, figured out those pickup switches?

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1389990684' post='2340420']
Awesome stuff, figured out those pickup switches?
[/quote] Nope! Just set them in ways that sound good. No idea what they are actually doing. Theres one that is the equivalent of rolling off the tone on a passive bass.....the other two - no idea!

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1389996933' post='2340491']
Nope! Just set them in ways that sound good. No idea what they are actually doing. Theres one that is the equivalent of rolling off the tone on a passive bass.....the other two - no idea!
[/quote]
At the risk of teaching you to suck eggs... That sounds like you've got it in passive mode and you've not found the passive/active switch. Does one of the pots pull up, that will then make it active and the other 2 pots are your EQ.

Well that's how my SS1 works. It would be a steal at £750 btw. I love mine.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1390203691' post='2342468']
At the risk of teaching you to suck eggs... That sounds like you've got it in passive mode and you've not found the passive/active switch. Does one of the pots pull up, that will then make it active and the other 2 pots are your EQ.

Well that's how my SS1 works. It would be a steal at £750 btw. I love mine.
[/quote] the bass with the switches is a 1985 thumb bass.... so no passive mode - the active jazz pickups from seymore duncan have 3 switches on each pickup, one is the resonance of the pickup, one of the others is an eq curve... but I don't know which is which and there is also a 3rd that I don't have a clue what it's supposed to be doing! :D

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1390203906' post='2342469']
the bass with the switches is a 1985 thumb bass.... so no passive mode - the active jazz pickups from seymore duncan have 3 switches on each pickup, one is the resonance of the pickup, one of the others is an eq curve... but I don't know which is which and there is also a 3rd that I don't have a clue what it's supposed to be doing! :D
[/quote]
Sounds a great set up. I thought it strange/unlikely you'd have a push-pull and not found it.
:D

Edited by Grangur

[quote name='throwoff' timestamp='1390300204' post='2343646']
Those MEC pots and EQ's can be a touch odd at first.

Might need replacing if one seems to be doing nothing.
[/quote]

it's from 1985..... not MEC at all, they didn't exist then!

hang on- i've a photo....

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1389895721' post='2339299']
How much do warwick's make at the moment? This came up on my normal ebay browsing

Odd one this... one photo, local pickup only, pretty crappy advert really - might be a good deal there for someone, my wife would kill me if I accidentally won another auction for local pickup! :D
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/warwick-streamer-stage-1-neck-thru-bass-/261376101418?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3cdb3acc2a"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3cdb3acc2a[/url]
[/quote]

It may have been cheap but not cheap enough to get a single bid! :(