Why become a member? ×

My Top is Too Thick! (5k Alpha Pot Woes)

mrdreadful

So, I'm building a bass with an onboard Super Hardon clone.

I have all the parts for the SHO, and will sort the rest of the electronics soon.

Problem is, it turns out the 'top' of the control cavity is quite thick (rear rout), and that means the 5k rev log pot I got for the SHO won't be usable as it's not long enough!

So my questions to you are these: is there such a thing as a long thread 5k rev log and if so where I can I get one? And would it likely cause structural issues if I just route/drill out the area (to make the top shallower) so the current pot will go in?

Edited by mrdreadful

[quote name='mrdreadful' timestamp='1390126836' post='2341615']
So, I'm building a bass with an onboard Super Hardon clone.

I have all the parts for the SHO, and will sort the rest of the electronics soon.

Problem is, it turns out the 'top' of the control cavity is quite thick (rear rout), and that means the 5k rev log pot I got for the SHO won't be usable as it's not long enough!

So my questions to you are these: is there such a thing as a long thread 5k rev log and if so where I can I get one? And would it likely cause structural issues if I just route/drill out the area (to make the top shallower) so the current pot will go in?
[/quote]

You should be ok to route / drill out the area around the holes to leave about 1/4 of an inch.

Most pots should fit through then :)