Why become a member? ×

Jazz Bass tutors in Northern Ireland (Derry to be precise)

Mikey D

It looks most likely that I am taking a year out from my jazz studies and moving to Derry for a year. There are a few reasons, one is just so I have a year to REALLY practice and it would be nice to have someone to check in with and work with say every few weeks or once a month.

Any Teacher recommendations!? Ideally Advanced teachers who have a deep understanding of jazz.

I know Derry isn't exactly the mecca of Jazz but thought someone might know somebody in NI who fits the bill. I don't mind travelling as it won't be that often.

[quote name='jakesbass' post='231647' date='Jul 2 2008, 10:49 PM']Mikey, I've been to NI a few times and honestly have never come across anyone over there, Be sure to visit the Giants Causeway if you haven't already.
There is a bit of a scene in Belfast but....?
I will ask the guys I know if they've heard of anyone over there.
Jake[/quote]
Thats what i thought. I'm going to live with my folks for a bit and have been over there basically ever year a fewtimes since i was born. Derry has a 'jazz' festival, much like other towns/cities have 'jazz' festivals, but haven't ever met any real jazzers.

I went to sligo jazz project last year and met a few guys i can play with, but no one of the standard I would need as a teacher. I'm gonna see if they can recommend anyone aswell.