Why become a member? ×

adding a cab to my Barefaced Compact? BF, Schroeder or Vanderkley?

mcnach

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1390667326' post='2348145']
Well, a Barefaced Big Baby 2 has been ordered... :)

If it lives up to expectations, I can see two of these in my future, we will see.
[/quote]

Ooh, I look forward to hearing that one. I wonder how many gigs you'll really need both cabs for? Although I guess with three guitarists plus brass in SBK, you do need quite a bit of onstage volume at some gigs, especially with a dancing audience.

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1390671378' post='2348201']
Ooh, I look forward to hearing that one. I wonder how many gigs you'll really need both cabs for? Although I guess with three guitarists plus brass in SBK, you do need quite a bit of onstage volume at some gigs, especially with a dancing audience.
[/quote]

Yeah, in most cases I really don't need it. I do most of my gigs with the Markbass combo alone as it's strictly a monitor onstage and I love walking in/out with it. But I do play some where it's just us and our amplifiers... those guitars get loud, our drummer can really sound thunderous when he hits that white beauty of a kit he has, and SBK needs a bass that sits proudly in the mix. Not all soundmen get it, but when I have control over it, I make sure that's how it goes. ;)