Why become a member? ×

Peavey T40 - SOLD
£375

ryancowell25

Last bass in my clear out. Its a 1979 Peavey T40. Condition is immaculate and the electronics work perfectly with no noise. However there is one issue and that is the end of the pickup selector snapping off (i'll include this). This is a common with T40's as the selector switches are notoriously flimsy. The selector still works but I would advise any buyer to have it replaced with something sturdier. You can also get original 70's and 80's switches very cheaply from Ebay. I'm looking for £375 due to the condition of the body and the fact that it comes with the original Peavey case and paperwork. For this price I will courier it for you as well.

PM me with any questions

Edited by ryancowell25

Sold one just like it with non original hard case for the price not including postage and I was beating them off with a smelly stick. This won't hang around too long!

And yes, I started to miss it after listening to some recordings of it!

Keeping half an eye out for a blade pickup version ideally with rosewood though as a bit of change!

Alot................... it's heavy around 12lbs.................. but i've gigged it with a wide comfort strap and it was fine......I suppose part of the great tone is the sheer density of the thing and the added bonus is that you could probably kill a bear with it.

Just to add the price does reflect that you'll probably want to get a replacement pickup selector switch if your planning to use it live.

Original ones can be found here but honestly i'd get something sturdier (and cheaper) if your planning to gig it.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xpeavey+t40+switch&_nkw=peavey+t40+switch&_sacat=0&_from=R40"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xpeavey+t40+switch&_nkw=peavey+t40+switch&_sacat=0&_from=R40[/url]