Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn - Sadowsky NYC
£2500

james

Hi
I'm selling my 1986 Sadowsky bass built for Francisco Centeno New York session man and bass player for Aretha Franklin( I emailed both Roger and Francisco to confirm this still have the email from Francisco). The bass plays fantastic but has a few chips here and there on the body. The neck is straight and loads of life in the frets.
Ebony fretboard EMG Jazz pickups with a bartolini TCT preamp. controles Vol,Blend,treble and Bass on/off switch Active only.
Weight 4.4kg scale length 34" The bass comes with a Sadowsky case.
Price £2000 plus shipping welcome to try out if interested.
James

Edited by james

[quote name='richardd' timestamp='1390815932' post='2349709']
[i]Not a bad priceJames :o [/i]
[/quote]
Thanks Rich it too good to sit in a case not being used

Edited by james

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1391268504' post='2355194']
who put the allen key fixing on the back of the headstock.?
[/quote]
It was on when I got the bass but as Marcus Miller has one on his 77 Jazz which was modded by Roger Sadowsky I think it was on from build

For anyone who is unaware, Francisco Centeno was and still is one of the top session players in NYC, and he was the bass player of choice for the formidable Ashford and Simpson song writing team , Back in the 1970's he played on countless hits and he is one of the players who helped define the upfront sound of the bass guitar on pop records in the '70's and '80's, so this bas has got quite some provenance with it. GLWTS.

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1393007102' post='2375255']
For anyone who is unaware, Francisco Centeno was and still is one of the top session players in NYC, and he was the bass player of choice for the formidable Ashford and Simpson song writing team , Back in the 1970's he played on countless hits and he is one of the players who helped define the upfront sound of the bass guitar on pop records in the '70's and '80's, so this bas has got quite some provenance with it. GLWTS.
[/quote]
Many thanks and a cash price drop £1750

[quote name='northwing' timestamp='1391999259' post='2363475']
[url="http://www.franciscocenteno.com/"]Spot the bass[/url]
[/quote]
Hi just to say if you watch the clip on a PC you see the bass on the start when he stood in for Will Lee on David Latterman show