Why become a member? ×

Aria Sinsonido faulty preamp FS/FT £60
£60

Steff

Right...

After I've discovered a fault in the preamp of the bass, I am relisting it as spares/repair.

The preamp isn't working so that will suit someone who would replace it. The piezo bridge is working fine.

Original fault was the tone pot that wasn't working (might as well have been something else but the pot wasn't affecting the tone)
After a dreadful attempt of removing the pot from the board by myself, I have damaged the board a little bit too.

Buy only if you intend to replace the preamp! Or if you want to install a pickup - seen a couple of those modified on the net.

Warning: Aria UK told me Aria no longer sell replacement parts for their products so be aware you won't be able to purchase a replacement.

Comes with a soft case and it's missing the aluminium skeleton

[attachment=153534:Aria1.jpg][attachment=153535:Aria2.jpg][attachment=153536:aria board.jpg]

£60 collected from W/NW London

Edited by Steff

I also have one of these which has developed a preamp fault, looks to be the same model with the downward facing controls (the mk1?). Aria have said they will get me some sort of preamp to fix it so it may be worth persisting with them, they do seem to get a bit forgetful with their replies.

Well damn reps, I had a sale agreed at £160 on gumtree and I only relisted the bass as broken because the guy on the phone was clear they can't do anything about it.

So because of that I'm losing £100

If you ask me that's pretty s**t customer service.

Bass on hold until I talk to Aria again.

I might be getting a new pre for mine next week (not from Aria) so if it works out I could send you my pre for spares, the problem with mine seems to be it produces way too hot a signal and distorts very easily, particularly on the E and A strings. Not sure what is up with it but I would rather just have a simple pre in there rather than the stereo/headphone amp one it comes with. Either way you may be able to make one good one out of them.

I would say Aria have been ok, obviously there's not much they can do as the parts aren't available (I think they are for the revised design) and the customer service guys aren't techs. You do need to keep prodding them though otherwise they forget a little bit too easily. I messaged them again the other day (your post reminded me!) so hopefully they will sort something out.