Why become a member? ×

Schaller Bassbridge 2000 4-string

Kevin Dean

I noticed the problem I had was that it's a new 36" scale Shuker & it came with extra long Roto sound strings .On the E string that is D tuned to D the cotton wrapping around the ball end was resting on the bridge I didn't notice it at first but this had a dampening effect now all resolved .Thanks for all your help.

• 3 months later...

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1391177151' post='2354181']
I've got one of these on my Hartke bass. Unnecessarily complicated and I can't really see how it's any kind of improvement over the original Schaller 3-D bridge.
[/quote]
It's not that complicated really, and each string pulls straight even at maximum adjustment. To adjust the rollers on the 3D you still have to slacken the string.

[quote name='hubrad' timestamp='1399928305' post='2449141']
It's not that complicated really, and each string pulls straight even at maximum adjustment. To adjust the rollers on the 3D you still have to slacken the string.
[/quote]

IME the adjust anything on the 2000 bridge you have to slacken the string. The bass it's fitted to is currently up for sale and I would serious think twice before buying another one with it fitted.