Why become a member? ×

TC Elec RH450 + Markbass cabs?

Lozz196

Having started a new punk-band I`m finding that the sound of my Markbass CMD121P combo + NY121 cab isn`t getting me exactly what I want. I use a Zoom B3 to get some different amp-modelling, plus compression & drive, but I am thinking that maybe the RH450 with its on-board compression & drive may get me the sound I`m after - that second wave of punk middy/gainy sound, as per GBH/Partisans etc.

I suppose it`s the mid frequencies on the Markbass are too low (360 & 800) plus the treble is way too high (10,000) for what I`m looking at. Perfect for my other bands, but this band needs that driven sound in the mids/upper-mids and whilst more foot pedals may get that, especially as we`re on bills with numerous other bands, I`d prefer to just have amp/cab/cab with no more wires, pedals, power-leads etc (the on-board tuner also a real bonus in this aspect).

I had a Classic 450 before - into Ampeg cabs - and was more than happy with it, just eternal GAS got the better of me. So I`m just wondering if the RH450 pairs nicely with Markbass cabs? These cabs are ideal for me in both weight, and in size so I don`t want to get rid of them. Any advice gratefully received.

• 3 weeks later...