Why become a member? ×

Brighton Dome

JamesBass

Last night I went to see City and Colour at the Brighton Dome, this was the first time I've been in the Brighton Dome to watch a band and my word! The sound in there is INCREDIBLE! Among the best I've ever heard live, it was seriously good, the drums were present but not overwhelming, the bass sat in the mix but cut when needed, the guitars were present and you heard the nuances of the playing and the vocals still dominated everything while remaining at the right level so as not to totally dominate it all.

This is the second time I've seen City and Colour live and although the band is predominantly made up of Dallas Green, formerly of Alexisonfire, this new band who recorded the album and gigged it were just first class, his last band were good but this band just blew his old lot out of the water! Seriously good bass playing from Jack Lawrence of The Raconteurs. The support came from Hannah Georgas who had a decent enough band with her, it was REALLY made by her drummer who carried her band in terms of charisma and enjoyment!

Was an exceptional night and probably one of my favourites ever!

I used to go to Brighton Dome regularly in the 70s: Deep Purple; Genesis, Wishbone Ash and many more, it's a gem of a place. I don't recall any band sounding bad in there. It's a great place from a punters view and, having played there in the 80s on a couple of occasions, I can tell you it's equally as good from a musicians view.