Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Shuttle question

TRBboy

Hey folks,

I have a need to record a demo video of me playing, but all I have is a ZOOM Q3HD. I can't make much noise at home, so I was thinking about using the line in on the zoom (mini jack). Two questions really; 1) Should I just go from the effects loop send on my Shuttle 9.2 into the line in on the Zoom? 2) Can I do this without any speaker load on the amp, or should I connect my cab and just turn the master right down? Apologies if these seem like dumbass questions, I just don't want to do anything detrimental to my amp.

Haven't had to any home recording for years, although I think my Tascam cassette 4-track is still around somewhere...... :D

Thanks for your help guys.

Guest bassman7755

Short answer - no you dont need a speaker connected, and what you are suggesting should work fine

Longer answer - the shuttle effects send does not disable the normal amp signal chain (that is done by a switch in the effects return jack) hence your power amp will still be processing the signal but it wont be damaged by not connecting a speaker.

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1391880513' post='2362282']
Short answer - no you dont need a speaker connected, and what you are suggesting should work fine

Longer answer - the shuttle effects send does not disable the normal amp signal chain (that is done by a switch in the effects return jack) hence your power amp will still be processing the signal but it wont be damaged by not connecting a speaker.
[/quote]

Okay, thanks for that. I could just keep the master turned right down then.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1391880746' post='2362283']
Okay, thanks for that. I could just keep the master turned right down then.
[/quote]

You could although it doesn't make any odds if no speaker is plugged in.