Why become a member? ×

100k pot for fender deluxe jazz mid boost

thefyst

Hi All,

Im having trouble sourcing a part. I need a [font="Verdana, Arial"][size="2"][font="Verdana, Arial"][size="-1"][font="Verdana, Arial"][size="2"]100K B CTR/CTS/DTNT pot, the fender part number is [font="Verdana, Arial"][size="2"][font="Verdana, Arial"][size="-1"][font="Verdana, Arial"][size="2"][b]0049443000.[/b][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font]

if you know of anywhere i can get one of these without having to have it shipped from the USA or even a non-fender alternative i would appreciate the info.

Cheers

TF

Also, if you want the real thing, have you tried contacting Fender GBI?

http://www.fender.com/en-GB/contact/

I would hope they could provide you with the part you need?

Also, what's the issue with getting it from the USA? Time? Taxes? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390659569904 ?

thanks for the replies, yeah i was hoping to have the part asap, a lot of the ebay listings say delivery could be several weeks. as far as i know there is know customs tax below a threshold of £15 ...might be wrong tho.

Newoldsounds may be an option but it still works out to about 11 quid and a 2 week wait just for a pot

Unfortunately i just realised the fender one is a 12 mm dia. and only just fits as it is. not convinced the 16 mm alpha pots would fit in.

[quote name='thefyst' timestamp='1392062007' post='2364286']
thanks for the replies, yeah i was hoping to have the part asap, a lot of the ebay listings say delivery could be several weeks. as far as i know there is know customs tax below a threshold of £15 ...might be wrong tho.

Newoldsounds may be an option but it still works out to about 11 quid and a 2 week wait just for a pot

Unfortunately i just realised the fender one is a 12 mm dia. and only just fits as it is. not convinced the 16 mm alpha pots would fit in.
[/quote]

Are you sure the body is 12mm? Is it this:

If the shaft is 6.3mm, the threaded part must be at least 9-10mm in diameter, looks like a 16mm body to me. You do get 12mm body pots, but they're not as common as 16 and 24.

This is a 12mm pot for comparison:

If the body size is 16 then although it's the wrong shaft type (split not solid) but might still do a job - 100k lin, 16mm, centre detent - in Germany. Have ordered stuff from them before (had to find a 1Meg reverse log pot for a G&L).

http://www.musikding.de/CTR-Pot-16mm-100k-lin-center-detent

okie dokie just crammed a 16mm cts pot in there and its super snug but it goes in. Gonna go for the german website an see how that goes.

I requested postage as a letter rather than as a package...not sure how that will go... saved about a fiver tho

will report back in approx 5 days.