Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton HBZ-2005

fusdepilee

On the other hand, if you buy a cheap 5-string that doesn't play too well, you won't like it and this will reinforce the feeling that you're really a 4-string kinda guy, in which case you'll have to move the 5-string on.

But - if you buy a [i]quality [/i]5-string, at least this will give you a proper chance to assess the viability without prejudice, and then if you're [i]sure [/i]you're really a 4-string kinda guy, you can move the 5-string on.

Hmm... maybe you should try to [i]borrow [/i]a quality 5-string for a while and see if you like it? Then you won't have to buy any sort of 5-string - because there's always the risk you may [i]really and truly[/i] be a 4-string kinda guy and have to move the 5-string on.

:D

Edited by discreet

[quote name='jeweytheroux' timestamp='1392300215' post='2366974']
Nothing beats buying a bass though so it won't cure that itch :P
[/quote]

That is very true, GAS being what it is...
I'd lend you a quality 5-string like a shot, but I haven't got one - I'm a 4-string kind of guy. ;)

It looks very similar to the Peavey Grind basses, only with active electronics. I had a Shine 6 string bass that was great, and I think Harley Bentons are made in the same place... Only thing I'd be wary of is that mine had to have a neck shim to make it comfortable to play, and this one is a through neck.

If you go used you could get a lot of bass for the price that one's going for!