Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger 700 RB Bass Amp, 380 watts, 4 ohms

Hi Folks,

With apologies to Marcus who's currently selling a 700 RB II (the later version of this amp), I'm also putting my GK 700 RB up for sale, though it's the older model 700 and the asking price reflects that fact!

[attachment=10503:GK_700_front.jpg]

Though I've used this amp very happily for the last year, I'm selling because I now need an amp that will work at 2ohms so that I can use my SWR Triad and SWR 210 at the same time (both of which are 4ohm cabs). So, a Peavey T-Max head is due to arrive imminently to allow me to do just that... Otherwise, I'd be keeping this GK700 because it's a great sounding, very versatile and very portable amp and it's been absolutely brilliant for gigging with!

[attachment=10504:GK_700_back.jpg]

It has the usual GK features; simple to use e.q. including the pre-set for use with 5 string basses which is great, a contour control (which is kind of like the Trace Elliot mid-cut) and the 'boost' control which adds some grit and dirt to your sound a bit like a tube pre-amp does.. The tuner out function is very handy, as is the mute switch and the 10db cut facility at the input stage. And although I've never really used it, the amp has a bi-amp facility as well which allows you to run the very high frequencies seperately from the rest of the frequencies.

[attachment=10508:Tone_controls.jpg]

When I got it from Ebay, the first thing I did was get it serviced and it was given a clean bill of health and a bit of a spring clean, so it's in perfect working order. Cosmetically it's a bit tatty as you can see in the photos but that doesn't affect the sound in any way.

[attachment=10506:GK_700_underneath.jpg]

Just in case anyone asks, I'm not after any trades as I need to sell this to fund the T-Max and though I'm putting it up here, I'm aware that there's a lot of good stuff on the Forum for sale at the moment, so I'm also going to be listing this on Ebay too. But in an ideal world, I'd much rather sell to a fellow Basschat member if I can!

[attachment=10507:Input_stage.jpg]

I'm happy to ship it if necessary or collection is welcome, as is coming round to try it out! If you've any questions, please PM me or ask away here..

Thanks for looking,

Nik

Now on Ebay, if anyone's interested.. :)

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150269098893&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=005"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:IT&ih=005[/url]