Why become a member? ×

Sold - Gibson Les Paul Special DC Faded 2004
£400

[b]Gibson Les Paul Special Double Cut - Faded TV Yellow (inc SKB case) £400 collected[/b]

Nashville – Feb 2004

Ungigged and from a smoke free home – a light, versatile little guitar for that Townsend / Clash / Hard-Fi vibe. This is the slightly slimmer body version which adds a little more top-end. Thin-skin nitro-cellulose factory ‘aged’ finish – i.e. a couple of very lightly factory-applied areas of ‘wear’, see images.

2 x Soapbar P90 pick-ups - full, round tone from the neck, vicious snarl from the bridge when provoked. No breaks, low action, easy player.

Bought from Peter Cook’s about ten years ago. As seen in the images there is a minor cosmetic blemish to the rear of the neck from stupidly leaving this thin-nitro finished guitar on a plastic stand. Does not impede playability

Comes with an SKB locking hard case (inc keys)

Please feel free to PM me with any questions :)

Cash on collection from BA15 or (subject to agreement) will meet or will deliver within 100 miles of BA15 at 20p per mile Edited by skankdelvar

Yes, Roger, me old love, this LPS I'm selling is equipped with P90's to the original DC spec.

Here's a picture of the neck pup after I extracted it tonight and removed the cover. As we can see,it is a P90 single coil rather than a P100 stacked coil.

P100's get a bad rap but I've played a couple of guitars hung with them and they sounded quite nice. In the P90 ballpark but lacking a certain something. I wasn't aware that the faded DC LPS shipped with P100's - perhaps yours was a one-off :)

Edited by skankdelvar