Why become a member? ×

That'll be the Day..

gary mac

Anyone seen it, not the film with David Essex but the travelling show?

Wasn't sure that I much fancied it but my good wife got us some tickets and told me not to be a miserable git.

Ended up having a thoroughly enjoyable evening, some great muscianship from a talented, versatile bunch, playing a bit of everything, from early rock 'n' roll, pop, rock, disco, motown, glam. Even a Chas 'n' Dave parody.

Some nice basses used during the evening and very tasty bass playing.

Anyway, recommended.

Next time it visits these parts, we will be booking tickets.

I keep hovering over the ticket link as that original soundtrack album was one of my 3 first insights into great music. I only saw the film with David Essex about 10yrs ago (I enjoyed it but obviously the nostalgia of the record at the age of about 5yrs old was always going to win). I bet it is a great show and good to see a review like this as it make me think I'll make more effort. I think my brother and I wore the grooves out of my parents original vinyl. I have baked our copy into a groovy vinyl bowl and re-bought it on EBay. The sleeve is framed in my kitchen.

Saw it a couple of years ago in Dunstable, took my Mum for her birthday. And she like it so much we`re going this year to see it again, and again, seeing it in Dunstable. The guy who played bass also played drums, sax and keys (though doing all at the same time I think was beyond even him).

Edited by Lozz196

• 4 weeks later...