Why become a member? ×

I finally have 5 strings again!

karlbbb

An unplanned trip to Manchester worked out very well for me! :huh: After visiting Dawsons I noticed the Squier Deluxe Jazz V hanging on the wall. So I had a play. I loved the feel of it straight away! Full 19mm string spacing. Very nice..I'd looked at these previously, and it would have been about £220 including delivery, an Dawsons sold them for £239.99. Then I noticed the "Sale" tag hanging.

[b]£199.99[/b] and a [b]very[/b] happy Karl! :) :huh:

Ahhh it's brilliant this bass! I made a patch on my Zoom B2.1u, and the bass just feels alive. This is the happiest I've ever felt in my bass playing! I mean, I don't even have an amp, I'm playing through headphones, playing along to music (audio interface) and it's great. The B string feels really nice, I imagine how it could feel a little tighter, perhaps after I get the naff stock strings off (or if it was a 35" scale), but even at the moment I'm very pleased! :) The 19mm string spacing is a god send.

I apologise for the naff picture.

[attachment=10592:Photo_198.jpg]

I remediable having the P version a few years ago and hating it. In fact it put me off 5 strings for years.
The neck was just so wide i couldn't play it.
I had been playing a Steinberg just before and that was very nice to play.