Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB-425 - anyone undertaken hardware upgrades?

embaz

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Has anyone upgraded their BB425 or similar, such as bridge, nut and pickups.[/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]if so where's the best place to obtain the parts in the UK[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Can you get a BB1025 bridge or similar bit of kit, to replace the bridge on A BB425.[/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]What about replacing the plastic nut also.[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Any thoughts, anyone...[/font]

I've upgraded most of the parts on my BB1100S over the years. Its main problem was being neck heavy, which I fixed with a set of Hipshot lightweight tuners. I've never looked back. It's also got a Schaller bridge, a Duncan Vintage P-Bass and a Duncan Musicman pickup. I've never felt the need to change the preamp.

Your mileage may vary on the pickups. The Schaller bridge looks a lot better and is nice to adjust but probably doesn't change the sound one iota. However, if your bass is a bit neck-heavy, I strongly recommend lightweight tuners, as they will make your bass so much more comfortable to play.

[quote name='embaz' timestamp='1393249621' post='2377719']
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Has anyone upgraded their BB425 or similar, such as bridge, nut and pickups.[/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]if so where's the best place to obtain the parts in the UK[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Can you get a BB1025 bridge or similar bit of kit, to replace the bridge on A BB425.[/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]What about replacing the plastic nut also.[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Any thoughts, anyone...[/font]
[/quote]

Sorry to sound all sceptical but I'm genuinely trying to help - what's wrong with the stuff that's there? What do you want to achieve with replacing parts?

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1393262751' post='2377946']
Sorry to sound all sceptical but I'm genuinely trying to help - what's wrong with the stuff that's there? What do you want to achieve with replacing parts?
[/quote] not sure if i will just wanted to know if anyone had and what level of success it achieved, but thanks for all your replies.