Why become a member? ×

P Bass Help!

AnalogBomb

[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Hi Folks,[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Just after a bit of help and wisdom really! I acquired this somewhat lovely P Bass in a trade some months ago. The guy I got it from was totally honest with me and said that the person he got it from claimed it was a Japanese P Bass body, but not the original neck. You can tell this as it has a Fender Big Block Logo on it and has been finished really well – you’ve got to get it under a light to tell that it is actually a decal! [/color][/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]It has a plate on the rear of the neck with some form of serial number, but again, this is not original. I just wondered if anybody had ever seen a similar body? It is a really nice bass and has a SD Basslines pup in it. Sounds great and plays really well.[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]If somebody could shed some light as to its origins, or where I could find out some more info, I’d be most grateful. [/color][/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Cheers[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]AB[/color][/size][/font]